Friday, February 13, 2004

Shadow is a good dog. Her hair is black like coal and her nose as cold as the bathtub on a winter morning. Her legs don't move as quickly as they once did and there is a little more grey around her face than when her body was smaller. But I guess with more grey comes more wisdom.

Tonight as I sat down at my computer and had an opportunity to think about all that has transpired this week, I didn't know what to say. I didn't know what to feel. Part of me wants to weep, but I'm not sure if I can find the tears. Part of me wants to scream, but I don't want to wake anyone up. Part of me wants to run, but my legs are too tired.

Then along comes shadow. When I didn't know what to feel or do, Shadow came and sat at my feet and accepted my hand upon her head. In all of my searching for feeling or doing, I found wisdom in an old black dog. You see, when I am not sure how to feel or what to do, I rest at the feet of my master and accept His hand upon my head. It is then and only then that I am comforted and can go and rest.

Maybe as more grey comes upon my head, I can learn wisdom from an old black dog and receive my master's hand.

Yea, that's the spot.