Monday, August 25, 2003

Fuel 4

As I prepare to go meet with our small group at Resonance, the Lord has been impressing upon my heart a lesson that He would like to teach me through the music that we will be worshipping the Lord with tonight.

Songs:
You Are So Good to Me (Waterdeep)
Surrender (Marc James-Vineyard)
Unashamed Love (Ten Shekel Shirt)

First of all, I must recognize that regardless of the circumstances that the Lord is good and His love endures forever, so I will give thanks to Him (Psalm 106:1)

Secondly, God is calling me, like He has all of His disciples, to completely surrender everything I have and everything I desire to Him. I must be willing to crucify my pride, my identity, my goals. I must be willing to deny everything that I hold dear for His sake, and follow Him. He is the leader. I am the follower. He is the pilot. I am the passenger. He is the shepherd. I am the sheep. Therefore, I must deny myself and give Him control (Psalm 23 and Luke 9:23)

Finally, I must be willing to come to my Lord, my Father like a little child, trusting in His provision and His protection. This means that I must be willing to humble myself and give Him top priority. He is the one who is to be made famous. His name is to be made known! (Matt. 18:2-4)

May God make it so!