Saturday, July 05, 2008

Let's just say I caught up on sleep. I think I slept a total of 12 hours yesterday. WOW! I guess my body needed to catch up on some rest, so needless to say, I'm still a little groggy this morning, but am excited to hang out with my family and our friends.

We are at Tye and Bronwyn's house, and it's been nice being with them. We met Tye and Bron when we were a part of an organization called Apartment Life. We were placed at an apartment community in Plano as activity planners and resident care providers. Essentially our responsibility was to plan activities for residents and be available to provide for the residents' physical, emotional, and spiritual needs. It was a time when we were able to see what it looks like to extend the Love of God to all types of people. We absolutely loved it and are thankful for the relationships that were born out of this season. We shared a lot of laughs and some tears with Tye and Bron and consider it an absolute privilege that they would host us on this first leg of our vacation.

Well, I'm off to shower and go to the zoo. Maybe I'll actually be able to stay awake most of the day today.

Peace Out.